Visa® Check Debit Cards
Use your Visa® Check debit card from WGSB to pay for purchases around town, online, and anywhere Visa is accepted. The amount of the purchase is deducted directly from your checking account, so there are no interest charges when you use it.
Debit cards are better than checks because they are fast and easy to use, with no checks to write or checkbook to carry. And debit cards are better than cash, because they're safer than cash and come with Visa's Zero Liability protection in the event of fraud.
Call or visit your local WGSB office to apply for one today (some restrictions apply).
WGSB customers will automatically receive a contactless Visa Check card when their current cards renew. The new cards may be used in the traditional way, by inserting or sliding the card at the terminal, or by simply tapping it on the machine for a near-effortless payment experience wherever contactless cards are accepted.
A few things to know about contactless cards:
- Your name, card number, and other personalized card information appears on the back of the card, rather than on the front.
- Debit cards will no longer include raised embossing or have personalization on the front of the card.
- Even though a merchant may be enabled for contactless cards, they may still require customers to enter a PIN when using their card as a debit (this is dependent on the merchant’s system and specifications).
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
- During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm), call WGSB's ATM Department at 800-564-2735.
- Any time, log into WGSB's new online or mobile banking services and go to Card management to turn your card off.
Protection for Your Debit and ATM Cards
To protect your accounts, WGSB provides real-time monitoring of all ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity. If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, our Fraud Center will call you to verify the legitimacy of the transaction(s).
WGSB cardholders are invited to add Debit Card Fraud Alerts service and receive 2-way text messages as a first line of defense against fraud. Once you do, a fraud alert will be sent to you by text and received by you in near real-time, wherever you are with your mobile device. Two-way text alerts also give you a safer and easier way to respond to suspicious activity, letting you reply by text with a few easy clicks. If we are unable to reach you by text, a phone call will also be made.
Message and data rates may apply.
Learn more about Debit Card Fraud Alerts
Card Management Services
Card Management lets you control when, where, and how your WGSB debit card and you'll find it inside WGSB's new online and mobile banking services. Log in and go to Card management from your dashboard to get started.
Visa Platinum Credit Card®
You chose to bank with Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank for a reason...we’re giving you one more. A Visa Platinum Card with everything you need.
- Online access to your account at MyCardStatement.com
- Call our specialized VIP Customer Service Department 24x7. VIP Customer Service 1-800-883-0131
Would you like some gifts with your groceries?
Perhaps a trip to the beach with your dry cleaning? With every Visa Platinum Card purchase, you can earn points toward your favorite rewards!
- Earn one point for every net dollar in retail purchases.
- Redeem points for merchandise, rental cars, cruises, hotels and airline travel with fewer restrictions and no blackout dates. There’s no cap to how many points you can earn!
- For a full list of ways your card can pay you back, visit cRewardscard.com and click on “Browse”.
If you’re going across town or around the world, you’ll enjoy more shopping, more fine restaurants, and more travel opportunities with your Visa Platinum Card because your credit card works at millions of places that accept Visa credit cards. Make your new Visa Platinum Card your constant traveling companion and you’ll always have instant credit at your fingertips.
We take your security very seriously. That’s why your Visa Platinum Card has multiple layers of cardholder protection that gives you an extraordinary level of security. You can feel confident no matter how you use it.
- Verified by Visa - Activate your card for this service and create your personal password for online purchasing protection.
- Zero Liability Policy - Your liability for unauthorized transactions is $0. Promptly notify us and you pay nothing.
- Identity Theft Assistance - If you suspect that your identity has been stolen, call 1-866-ID-HOTLINE to get access to free and confidential assistance.
- 3-Digit Code - On the back of your Visa Platinum Card, you’ll find a special 3-digit code (also called Cardholder Verification Value or CVV2), designed to provide an additional layer of internet and telephone fraud protection.
For protection while traveling, your Visa Platinum Card automatically provides you and your family with Travel Accident Insurance* and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver**
*Travel Accident Insurance - Coverage applies when the entire cost of the fare (less redeemable certificates, vouchers, or coupons) has been charged to the card. Your account must be in good standing. Restrictions to coverage may apply.
**Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver - To activate coverage, complete the entire rental transaction with your card and decline the collision damage waiver coverage if offered by the rental company. Restrictions apply if you have personal automobile insurance covering this theft or damage.
This card is issued by TCM Bank, N.A. Subject to credit approval.
Call or visit any office of Woodsville Guaranty Savings Bank today for more details.
Visa Purchase Alerts®
Know where your money is going. With Visa Purchase Alerts, you can take control of your card and enjoy greater security and convenience.
Enroll today to get real-time alerts whenever a purchase made with your card meets the criteria you selected during enrollment (1). Sign up to receive a text or email or both, as you like.
3 easy steps to enroll!
Visit the Visa Purchase Alerts website to check eligibility, register your mobile device (2), and choose the notification triggers that match your needs (ex. transactions that exceed a set amount or online purchases). Note that all Visa Debit cards from WGSB are eligible, and other cards may be too. Enroll all eligible cards to enjoy the greatest level of control.
(1) A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.
(2) Not all card issuers will allow cards for SMS message alerts. Message and data rates may apply.